MediaTek, the Taiwanese-based chip maker, has announced the launch of its latest flagship chipset, the Dimensity 9200 Plus, on May 10th in China. This new chipset is expected to be an upgraded version of its predecessor, the Dimensity 9200, which currently powers several flagship devices from Vivo and OPPO.
The first smartphone to feature the Dimensity 9200 Plus will likely be the iQOO Neo 8 Pro, recently spotted on benchmarking platforms with the upcoming chip. The listing has confirmed some of the critical specifications of the Dimensity 9200+, including a 1 x Cortex-X3 core operating at 3.35GHz, 3 x Cortex-A715 cores working at 3.00GHz, four Cortex-A510 cores clocking at 2.00GHz, and Immortalis-G715 MC11 graphics.
The Dimensity 9200+ is reported to have achieved an impressive score of 1,368,597 on AnTuTu benchmarking platform, which is higher than Qualcomm’s most powerful chip, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. This suggests that the Dimensity 9200+ may offer better performance than its competitors.
The iQOO Neo 8 Pro is expected to be the first device to feature this new chipset, followed by the iQOO 11S and Vivo X90 Plus in the year’s second half. Moreover, AnTuTu’s Weibo post indicates that Redmi and ROG will also release smartphones powered by the Dimensity 9200+.
Launching the Dimensity 9200 Plus is anticipated to bring substantial improvements in performance and speed to the smartphone market. It will be fascinating to see how this upcoming chipset stacks up against its competitors and how it will affect the market share of its major rivals, such as Qualcomm and Samsung.
- MediaTek is launching its latest flagship chipset, the Dimensity 9200 Plus, in China on May 10th.
- The Dimensity 9200+ is an upgraded version of its predecessor, the Dimensity 9200.
- The chipset is expected to perform better than its competitors, including Qualcomm’s most powerful, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
- The iQOO Neo 8 Pro will likely be the first device to feature this new chipset, followed by the iQOO 11S and Vivo X90 Plus.
- Redmi and ROG will also release smartphones powered by the Dimensity 9200+.