Google’s annual developer conference is quickly approaching and the company is set to unveil new hardware at the event. However, leaks continue to surface, revealing some of the surprises that the tech giant has in store. This year, the iconic range of Pixel phones is expected to expand with new category additions including the Pixel Fold, a Pixel Tablet, and the pocket-friendly Pixel 7a. The latter was recently leaked online after someone listed the phone for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
The seller, whose location is unknown, provided a phone number for discussions via WhatsApp that is registered in the West African nation of Côte d’Ivoire, as reported by TechDroider. The listing includes pictures of a brand new, unused Google Pixel 7a in a bright blue color with a silver camera visor. Another listing from the same seller shows off the black variant of the phone, which resembles earlier hands-on leaks.
The leaked images confirm what previous leaks had suggested, that the new Pixel 7a has a missing mic hole beside the camera flash, which is the only visual aspect differentiating it from the Pixel 7, besides its obviously smaller size. Both devices have a gloss finish on the body and a matte metallic finish for the camera visor.
In addition to the blue color seen in earlier leaks by Steve Hemmerstoffer, it seems Google will also release the Chalk (white) and Charcoal (black) colorways, replacing the Pixel 6a’s Sage color. Although three colors are usually the norm for Pixel A-series phones, there are rumors of a new coral color this year, which would be a welcome addition. These colors are expected to also apply to the Pixel Buds.
Google has a history of struggling to keep its hardware a secret, with most of its recent hardware being leaked online before the official unveiling. While some of these may be internal prototypes, the hardware, and software are usually locked down at this stage, making it unlikely for any significant changes to be made.
If you’re interested in buying any of the devices that have been listed for sale online, it may not be the best idea. Google typically deactivates them as soon as they are spotted in the wild. However, if you’re patient, the Pixel 7a could prove to be one of the best budget Android phones.
- Google is expected to showcase new hardware at its upcoming developer conference.
- The Pixel 7a, Pixel Fold, and Pixel Tablet are among the new additions.
- Someone recently listed a brand new, unused Google Pixel 7a for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
- The leaked images reveal a bright blue color with a silver camera visor.
- The Pixel 7a has a missing mic hole beside the camera flash, which differentiates it from the Pixel 7.
- Google is expected to release the blue, Chalk, and Charcoal colorways, replacing the Pixel 6a’s Sage color.
- There are rumors of a coral color this year, which would be a new addition.
- Google has a history of struggling to keep its hardware a secret.
- Buying listed devices may not be a good idea, as Google typically deactivates them once spotted in the wild.